[GRASS-dev] area measurements

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sun Jan 5 02:19:08 PST 2014

Hi Anna,

I just tested on r58611. Unfortunately it fails :

when prompted to click and drag first segment, it looks like it works
but then it's impossible to click a third point.

I need to kill once m.measure process, then a second m.measure process
initiates, which I have to kill again. After both are killed, I get the
following message on the console :

> Measuring area:
> Units not recognized, measurement failed.
> Area: 0
> Units not recognized, measurement failed.
> Area: 0

and the display refreshes.

Here's my g.proj -g

name=Lambert Conformal Conic
proj=lcc
ellps=clark80IGN
lat_1=46.8
lat_0=46.8
lon_0=0
k_0=0.99987742
x_0=600000
y_0=2200000
towgs84=-168,-60,320,0,0,0,0
pm=paris
no_defs=defined
nadgrids=ntf_r93.gsb,null
unit=metre
units=metres
meters=1

On the other hand, measuring distances works like a charm...

Best,
Vincent.