[GRASS-dev] weren't r.stream going to core? was: r.stream.* problems on Ubuntu when installed via g.extensions

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 00:00:24 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2014, at 3:01 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2014/1/19 Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu>:
>>> Maybe it just waits for somebody to put it there, we would like to see it in the core as well.

r.stream.extract is already in core, the other modules are scheduled to follow.

>> it's not only question of "putting it here". The modules need some
>> review (code, parameters, manuals). I will be able to help with this
>> procedure in some days. There will be hopefully more people
>> interested. Martin
>
> If that is the case, that is a completely different issue, I thought they are ready.

I agree with Martin that the modules need some review. E.g. I
encountered a bug in r.stream.order where some stream segments got
order 0 (zero) which is invalid.

I am also interested in having these modules in core and want to help
with the review as soon as I find some time...

Markus M