[GRASS-dev] GSoC idea: Testing framework

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 01:41:57 PST 2014

Hi Vaclav,

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 3:53 AM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sören suggested that he would be my mentor in case my application is
> successful.

If possible, I would like to help on this task too.

I've used doctest to cover some of the pygrass' functions and modules,
but I don't like too much, at the moment to test the pygrass' doctest
you have to be inside the NorthCarolina/user1 location/mapset, that is
not always practical.
Would be nice to have something that run independently from the
location/mapset. 'm studying the unittest framework and in a short
time I would like to start to write some unittest for the pygrass
library.
Therefore I'm definitely interested on this topic.

> For example, it seems that doctest is very convenient for modules which has
> standard input and output (see recent doctest for r.category module).

I really like it, and they can also help users to move they bash
scripts to python.

All the best.

Pietro