[GRASS-dev] [SoC] <gsoc2014> <grass metadata> <week 6>

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Jul 2 00:35:19 PDT 2014

Hi Matej,

Thanks for working on metadata support in GRASS!
I am very much looking forward to having the modules you are developing in core. The documentation about your work which you have on the Wiki looks very, very promising!

I was wondering, did you consider storing keyword lists, points of contacts, and so on in a central (SQLite) database (comparable to what the t.*-modules do with time series)? For organizations it would be useful to have tools which produce consistent meta-data (same set of key-words used by all members of staff…). Furthermore, efficiency might be improved by having e.g. table with contact persons within an organization (where all contact details are saved) one can pick from in a combo-box.
Such a DB should probably be accessible from all locations and mapsets…

Just an idea, and I do not know how much work that would be…

BTW, is the metadata publishing functionality based on owslib + pycsw, which you mention on your wiki-page, somehow related to GeoNetwork?

Cheers and thanks again for your excellent work!

Stefan