[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r61282 - in grass/trunk: include/defs lib/raster3d lib/raster3d/test

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 21:06:50 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 8:02 PM, <svn_grass at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately changed the editor that i use the indention and converted
> all tabs into spaces at save time. Hence,
> the commit contains 95% tab to space conversion noise.

I would actually agree with the change. I think that the GRASS indentation
style is a bug since mixed tabs and spaces are enforced as a rule (not just
allowed). However, it was decided that it won't be fixed and that current
practice should be preserved. [1]

Fortunately, there is a script which can enforce the unusual indent style
[2]. And also `svn diff --ignore-space-change` for cases like this commit.

Anyway, I'm glad you discovered and fixed the bug. It is now painful for me
to see that tests did not showed the bug. That's maybe why in an ideal
world, tests are written by different person than the code (and without
access/looking to the source code).

Vaclav

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1663
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/tools/grass_indent.sh