[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r61282 - in grass/trunk: include/defs lib/raster3d lib/raster3d/test

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 20 06:56:24 PDT 2014

Hi Vaclav,

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 8:02 PM, <svn_grass at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately changed the editor that i use the indention and converted
>> all tabs into spaces at save time. Hence,
>> the commit contains 95% tab to space conversion noise.
>

> I would actually agree with the change. I think that the GRASS indentation
> style is a bug since mixed tabs and spaces are enforced as a rule (not just
> allowed). However, it was decided that it won't be fixed and that current
> practice should be preserved. [1]

Mixing tabs and spaces is really a mess. And i am part of the problem,
since i am using several different computer for development and
different editors, each with its own habits.

> Fortunately, there is a script which can enforce the unusual indent style
> [2]. And also `svn diff --ignore-space-change` for cases like this commit.

Thank you for this hint, i will try to use it.

> Anyway, I'm glad you discovered and fixed the bug. It is now painful for me
> to see that tests did not showed the bug. That's maybe why in an ideal
> world, tests are written by different person than the code (and without
> access/looking to the source code).

Yes, in an ideal world .... . Always expect bugs in the tests like you
would expect bugs in the actual code. :)

Best regards
Soeren