[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7.0beta3 planning

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jul 29 14:49:32 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:22 AM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do you think about releasing beta3?

Yes, we should really prepare for that now. I made a lot of backports
in the past few days.

> r60590
> Add G_fatal_longjmp() (needed for QGIS)
> glynn
> include/defs/gis.h, lib/gis/error.c
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/60590

Done today in r61451.

> There is a lot of things in the tracker but they can be postponed I think:
>
> long-term problem for non-ascii languages
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1681
>
> remove ffmpeg from libogsf and configure.in
> let's do it in trunk first, it does not have to be in beta
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2017

... that would be: r and r61305

Another one in OGSF: should r61052 be backported?

> wxGUI vector digitizer passing unescaped text to database
> security issue but not a real issue for most of the users I guess
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2252
>
> missing documentation
> bad but does not stop beta release
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2259

(...i.e temporal modules manual)

> inconsistent random number generation
> long-term problem, beta can live with it
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2272

This has been AFAIK fixed. It could be a bundled backport of the few
changesets, I can take care of that.

> insufficient error message when addons are mixed on MS Windows
> To be honest, I'm not sure why this is a blocker
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2283

... maybe downgrade?

> rename some imagery modules
> should be done before release but not needed for beta
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2340

... i.landsat.rgb --> i.colors.enhance (easy svn mv + HTML links
update). Better sooner than later.

> I'm not really familiar with these
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/995
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1891
>
> Python and MS Windows
> there is a solution in 7.0 and some advances were made also in trunk
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/580
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1871
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2150

Overview: