[GRASS-dev] Updates of wiki page for compiling on Ubuntu

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 12:49:38 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've removed a lot of packages from the dependencies [1] since they are
> not need for compilation (or running) of GRASS. I don't know about others.
> But this is actually what I wanted to ask about. Do you this that we should
> change the page in the way that it will reflect the most common use case
> which is IMHO just compilation of GRASS but I'm not sure. Now for example,
> package for PROJ4 is missing and you must find out in the wiki page what to
> do. I suggest (slowly) change the page to the state where the compilation
> of GRASS only will be the primary option.

There are probably also packages which are need for GUI but not specified
in the list. I think it is namely python-matplotlib which is needed by
scatter plot.

Also I'm not sure if include also packages for generating programming
documentation, namely doxygen, graphviz and python-sphinx, and Python
programming, probably pep8 and pylint.