[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r60679 - grass/trunk/lib/python/script

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Jun 7 10:29:08 PDT 2014

>On Unix, you'd expect developers to just build from source. But on
>Windows, getting a development environment set up is a lot more
>effort, so having access to binaries is still useful for developers.
[...]
>However, my Windows system is still rather
>inadequate as a development platform (it does now have the base
>MinGW/MSys installation, but not the libraries required to build
>GRASS).

in OSGeo4W [1] there is included a ready-to-use GRASS build environment with
all dependencies [2].

all winGRASS-binaries (OSGeo4W, standalone installers) are based upon this
OSGeo4W build environment.

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows

-----