[GRASS-dev] G__ in public API

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 06:56:37 PDT 2014

I agree. One of the main reasons why G__ routines are used is there is no
alternative ways to achieve certain tasks. Then they should be exposed to
module developers. If it's not the case, those routines have to replaced
with correct G_ versions.

For example, I recently used G__mapset_permissions in g.mlist.