[GRASS-dev] 6.4.4 planning

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:12:09 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> >> Please note ... the OSGeoLive feature freeze for the FOSS4G Portland
> >> conf is upcoming. Would be a pity to not even see 6.4.4 therein!
> >
> > I'm a bit more available in the next weeks, so I can help with this
> process.
> > Just let me know.
>
> Unless we don't start tagging one day it will never reach the OSGeoLive
> DVD.
> Their freeze is the 6 July 2014 according to Cameron's email. And indeed
> we need
> to have GRASS 7 in it for our upcoming workshop but that's offtopic
> for this email thread.

It's off topic but that's actually a valid note. Do we aim on having 6.4 or
7.0 in next OSGeo Live. We cannot have both, in

[Workshops] [Live-demo] OSGeoLive in FOSS4G 2014 workshops?
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference-workshops/2014-June/000538.html

Cameron Shorter says:

> To date we only have one version of each application installed on
OSGeo-Live, and I don't think we should break that policy.
> (We aim to ensure a clear and simple experience for new users).
> So I think we should only have one version of GRASS installed.

So 6.4 or 7.0. And this might be complication for QGIS GRASS plugin.

And back to the main topic, I'm bit lost in 6.4 releasing, is something
blocking the release? (Except for limited time Markus have for it.)

Vaclav