[GRASS-dev] Temporal: t.register: problem parsing when time zone present

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:44:41 PST 2014

Hi Yann,
if you need support for time zones you have to use postgresql as
backend. Unfortunately sqlite does not support time zones. A work
around would be to ignore the time zone and use t.shift to temporally
shift the created STRDS by 5h and 30 min to UTC time after registering
the maps. I should notice this in the help page, i don't know why i
missed that ..???!!!

The next thing is that TGRASS uses time intervals in which the end
time is not part of the time interval, but the start time of a
successor. That means that you do not need to know how many days in a
month are;  Interval of one day: start="2004-05-10" end="2004-05-11"

Best regards
Soeren