[GRASS-dev] How to best report trivial enhancements (typos, ...)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Mar 16 09:57:00 PDT 2014

Hi Johannes,

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 12:25 AM, Johannes Brauner
<johannes.brauner at tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> Hi GRASS developers,
>
> I'm currently digging a little bit deeper in GRASS (finally and once again)
> - currently mostly testing modules and assessing the manual.

Excellent!

> So far I've found a number of minor typos and glitches and I'm wondering how
> to best report them. I've created a ticket for my latest finding (the other
> ones yet exist on paper) and attached a patch right away:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2221
>
> During the process I was wondering whether to clutter trac, this list and
> your time for an approval with such trivial enhancements, or better collect
> them and provide some kind of a bulk patch once in a while?

Yes, the latter or you send them to me right away.

> Or do you prefer
> just getting a hint (as a ticket or however) and fix them for yourselves?

For such 1 char typos you may just send them to me. It is more overhead to
open and close a ticket rather than point out the mispelled word to me (or
another developer willing to do that).

In case it turns out to be more complicated I'll suggest to open a ticket.

Best and thanks for catching these issues,
Markus