[GRASS-dev] GUI code dest dir

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu May 1 09:32:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

>> probably not $GISBASE/lib/python/, as lib/ is for libgis et al. on UNIX
>> systems.
>
> Note that the Python standard library typically goes into
> /usr/lib/pythonX.Y (where X.Y is the version) on Unix.
>
> OTOH, the standard library includes DSOs as well as .py/.pyc files,
> wheres GRASS' Python libraries are pure Python.

speaking directly, what you would suggest?

1) etc/python -> lib/python
2) etc/python -> lib/python2
3) etc/python -> python
4) etc/python -> python2

Do we need separated python3 libs later in the future when we support
Python3? Probably, yes if we support still Python2. Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa