[GRASS-dev] Metadata GRASS (GSOC)

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu May 15 02:23:00 PDT 2014

Hi,

[...]

> Are there no existing implementations in Python for reading/writing metadata
> ? Can't you reuse those parts of pycsw that deal with that ?

cited from original mail

2)
If theres some time left in GSOC term or after I would like to
implement a server-client management of metadata using pycsw
[3](server side) and owslib[3] in client side. Demonstration of
functions that provide this solution is i.e. in QGIS plugin (Meta
Search).  I  wanted to use this suggestion at first, but there are
quite heavy dependences on others packages. In addition there is no
any package for debian... So this solution will be for a user who
really want to work with metadata but not fundamental ones.

Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa