[GRASS-dev] libLAS on Ubuntu 14.04

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri May 23 11:53:21 PDT 2014

Vaclav Petras wrote:

> So the test failed with segmentation fault

Possibly due to linking with gcc rather than g++. But that doesn't
matter, as configure tests don't normally try to execute the program
(that doesn't work if you're cross-compiling); they only care whether
linking succeeds.

> but it would actually fail
> during compilation if I would use `liblas-config --libs` because the boost
> libraries are `libboost_program_options.so.1.54.0` on my computer while
> `liblas-config --libs` says just `libboost_program_options.so` (same for
> thread library).

You may need to install a -devel package, e.g. boost-devel or
whatever.

Typically, the unversioned symlink is in the -devel package, as it's
only needed for compiling programs which use the library; running them
will use either the library itself or a symlink which includes at
least the major version number.