[GRASS-dev] G70: Link to PG database issue (wxGUI)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 24 01:06:36 PDT 2014

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> [...]
>
>> so I don't understand why the wxGUI link tool silently suppressed
>> PostgreSQL here (it could tell me at least why :-)
>
> do you have any PG database accessible?

Aha...

db.databases driver=pg
DBMI-PostgreSQL driver error:
Unable to connect to Postgres:
FATAL:  role "neteler" does not exist

OK, sure - the PG user name is different here. Would be cool to pop up
this error message in the wxGUI somehow to get on the right track
(maybe when the user attempts to select PG in the dropdown list?).

My scope is to fetch some points from PostGIS with v.external while
keeping the DB settings using SQLite.

Markus