[GRASS-dev] Dead code

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri May 30 04:07:45 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> The following directories contain code but aren't built:
[no idea]
>         imagery/i.ortho.photo/i.ortho.init
>         imagery/i.ortho.photo/i.ortho.transform

i.ortho.photo should remain, I hope to get this updated to G7 at some point.

>         imagery/i.points
>         imagery/i.vpoints

... maybe no longer needed?

>         raster/r.digit

.. a r.digit tool would be nice to have.

>         raster/r.grow
>         raster/r.le
>         raster/r.li/r.li.setup

... all delete candidates.

>         raster/r.watershed/shed

... dunno.

>         vector/v.label.sa

... merge with v.label?

>         vector/v.mapcalc

... dunno.

> Are there plans to "resurrect" any of these within the foreseeable
> future? If not, they should be removed.

Some yes, some no, see above.

> Also, raster/wildfire contains just a README and a Makefile, the
> actual modules (r.ros, r.spread, r.spreadpath) having been moved up
> into the parent raster directory.

.. sounds like leftover?

> The Makefile serves no purpose, and the README (which contains a link
> to sample data) won't be seen by end users; its content should
> probably be added to the manual pages for the relevant modules.

yes.

> Finally, I feel that v.in.dwg should be moved to addons.

yes.

my 0.02 cents

Markus