[GRASS-dev] weren't r.stream going to core? was: r.stream.* problems on Ubuntu when installed via g.extensions

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 23:52:17 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
>> Martin Landa wrote
>>> we could probably also remove these modules from trunk and maintain
>>> them on one place only (addons for now, can be changed in the future).
>>> What do you think about that?
>
> yes, good point.

+1

Once they are ready, the r.stream.* modules should be moved from
addons to both relbr7 and trunk.

>>> Martin
>>
>> +1 for maintaining in one place.
>>
>> regarding winGRASS the situation is following:
>>
>> - in trunk: all r.stream.* are in trunk, only r.stream.basins is moved to
>> addon
>> - in relbranch7: only r.stream.extract is there, all others are in addon
>>
>> regarding trunk winGRASS there is some doubling of r.stream.*-modules. most
>> of them are in trunk svn,  you can then install these tools again by
>> g.extension, although they are already there.
>>
>> it's very confusing ...
>
> Ok, now I have removed in r62560 all r.stream.* except for
> r.stream.extract also from trunk (and before sync'ed trunk in r62558
> and r62559  to the version in Addons which got moved therein from
> relbranch7).

Most importantly it is the NULL handling that needs to be fixed, and
synced between the ram and disk modes. More generally, the ram and
disk modes need to be synced and validated. For ease of maintenance,
the ram mode could be removed.

Markus M