[GRASS-dev] GRASS Add-Ons

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:27:38 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Adam,

>> > I have written a python scripts `r.surf.nnbathy` and `v.surf.nnbathy`
>> > and I would like contribute it in GRASS Add-Ons.  I have read,
>> > understand, and agree to RFC2 and already have an OSGeo ID name:
>> > lazaa.
>>

> Sorry for being pedantic but HowToContribute on Trac Wiki says in section
> "Write access to the GRASS-Addons-SVN repository" the following [1]:
>
> The request then has to be sent to the GRASS-PSC  mailing list
> <http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-psc>, stating that RFC2
> was read and accepted. As only subscribers are allowed to post to OSGeo
> mailing lists, this requires  subscription
> <http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-psc> to the PSC mailing
> list for that time. For fast service you should provide your OSGeo ID in
> this email.
>
> I guess that the point is to have the procedures at one special place (and
> not lost in grass-dev history).

Martin, I forgot to add that I think (not being PSC member) that is enough
just to forward the approval email to grass-psc. The important part is to
be in contact with a GRASS developer.

And Adam, let me welcome you. It seems that with `r.surf.nnbathy`,
`v.surf.nnbathy` and the library, you are trying to achieve an ultimate and
maintainable solution. This sounds very promising.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> No it is not missing
> --> More details about How to Contribute

Right Markus, I overlooked that. The link is missing in the addons section
(although other links are presents such as the one to RFC, so it is
confusing). No bright idea for improvement now.