[GRASS-dev] Backport gunittest and tests to 7.0?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:32:05 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand if gunittest will be backported before 7.0 release,
> if we backport we can leave that line, otherwise it should be removed

I also don't know. It is an addition or feature, so it should not (doesn't
have to) go to release. It is nor really mature either, although it
apparently runs and works. The distribution is still not solved. Will the
tests be included in installation? What about compiled C test programs (now
compiled and added to standard modules)? So far, it has been tested just on
Ubuntu as far as I know. (More discussion on that should be on GSoC project
page)

>From the point of view of testing, it would be good to have it in release
branch as soon as possible, so I don't know.

Maybe it can go to GRASS GIS 7.0.1 but not to 7.0.0.

Vaclav