[GRASS-dev] Fwd: FOSDEM 2015

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 01:13:44 PST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As you can see below, Margherita contacted me concerning a GRASS
> presentation at the geospatial devromm foreseen for the first time at the
> upcoming FOSDEM.
>
> I can present something, but would like to know
>
> 1) if other devs are planning to attend and if yes, if they were planning
> to present anything
> 2) which themes you think would be the most interesting to present from a
> GRASS perspective
>
> Currently, I've been thinking about two themes:
>
> - The obvious "what's new in GRASS 7", but I'm not sure that this is the
> most appropriate for the mostly developper crowd present at a FOSDEM.
>
> - A focus on the different APIs in GRASS from C to pygrass to
> grass.script, explaining structure and use cases of each.
>
> Any other ideas ?
>
> Moritz

Thank you Moritz for bringing the discussion in ML. Just to put it in
context, see at:
http://geofemengineering.blogspot.it/2014/10/call-for-papers-geospatial-devroom.html

Hope to see many of you there!!

cheers,
madi

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.