[GRASS-dev] grass with LASzip

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 17:19:10 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi I was trying to compile GRASS with libLAS with LASzip support on
> Ubuntu.
> > I compiled LASzip and installed it in not standard path. Modules
> > r/v.in.lidar then don't compile because they miss liblaszip.so.6. When I
> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the liblaszip.so.6, modules compile. Shouldn't
> > this be handled in configure?
>
> Not sure. I have here a ld-conf file for it:
>
> cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/liblas.conf
> /usr/local/lib
>
> (remember to run ldconfig as root)

I did that. I didn't have problems until now when compiling grass with
libLAS, but in order to read laz file, I had to compile libLAS with LASzip
support and that's what causing the problem, as can be seen from the error
I got (missing liblaszip.so.6). LibLAS can be configured in grass, so it
seems that we should be able to specify LASzip library in configure too.
It's possible I did something wrong so I was wondering if anyone else was
trying to do the same.

Anna