[GRASS-dev] sample vector temporal data

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 26 12:10:52 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, but there are no NC towns as points in the standard dataset.

There is a (small) geonames layer in the standard NC dataset which we
could add (updated).
But polygons would be better for zonal statistics.

> Helena suggests here to select a smaller, dynamic area (some cape for
> example) and also provide a DEM and ortho for that area (elev_lid792 is not
> coastal) to get some context. I am not sure about this dataset, if it's
> really needed, because I don't know what kind of temporal vector analysis we
> could show in the manual.

Derive contour lines from the LiDAR time series?
Another option is to enrich it with vectorized NLCD time series:

http://www.mrlc.gov/finddata.php
- National Land Cover Database 2011 (NLCD2011)
- National Land Cover Database 2006 (NLCD2006)
- National Land Cover Database 2001 (NLCD2001)
- National Land Cover Dataset 1992 (NLCD1992)

> Do we have any temporal data for 3d raster? I don't think we necessarily
> have to create this dataset.

3D point soil data would suffice...

Markus