[GRASS-dev] sample vector temporal data

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 12:31:05 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > yes, but there are no NC towns as points in the standard dataset.
>
> There is a (small) geonames layer in the standard NC dataset which we
> could add (updated).
> But polygons would be better for zonal statistics.

I think we need points for t.vect.what.strds, t.vect.observe.strds.

> > Helena suggests here to select a smaller, dynamic area (some cape for
> > example) and also provide a DEM and ortho for that area (elev_lid792 is
> not
> > coastal) to get some context. I am not sure about this dataset, if it's
> > really needed, because I don't know what kind of temporal vector
> analysis we
> > could show in the manual.
>
> Derive contour lines from the LiDAR time series?
> Another option is to enrich it with vectorized NLCD time series:
>
> http://www.mrlc.gov/finddata.php
> - National Land Cover Database 2011 (NLCD2011)
> - National Land Cover Database 2006 (NLCD2006)
> - National Land Cover Database 2001 (NLCD2001)
> - National Land Cover Dataset 1992 (NLCD1992)

I remember one student had problem with some of these older datasets. I
haven't tried myself.
Anyway, we have a lot of options... We have to decide for one.

> > Do we have any temporal data for 3d raster? I don't think we necessarily
> > have to create this dataset.
>
> 3D point soil data would suffice...

do we have any? We would have to have a timeseries of points for a str3ds.

Anna