[GRASS-dev] r.out.vtk problem?

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 28 08:32:22 PST 2014

Hi Luca,

> On 28 November 2014 at 16:40, Sören Gebbert
> <soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Luca,
>>

> Hi Soeren

>>> Hi Soeren

>>> r.out.vtk in=2012_01_tempmean
>>> out=/tmp/export_temporal/2012_01_tempmean.vtk rgbmaps=2012_01_tempmean
>>> elevation2d=elev_state_500m at PERMANENT
>>
>> Use the "input" option to specify the raster map that should be
>> exported. The "rgbmaps" option expects three maps for red, green and
>> blue (satellite image data).
>>
>> Please use the "elevation" parameter for elevation maps. The
>> elevation2d parameter is a number that specifies the height of the
>> whole map if no elevation maps was specified.
>>

> Yes, sorry this was one of the test that I did, my first test was running this
>
> r.out.vtk in=2012_01_tempmean
> out=/tmp/export_temporal/2012_01_tempmean.vtk
> elevation=elev_state_500m at PERMANENT

Ok, and what exactly is the problem with the height map?

>> It is possible to implement. Feel free to do it. :)
>> You do not need a new parameter, since the "input" option expects one
>> more raster maps. Their color tables must be converted into the VTK
>> legacy lookup table format to visualize them in ParaView.
>>

> It seems not, at least with the command above I cannot see the right
> color as shown in problem.png

Actually, you didn't attached the png files ... at least they didn't
reached me. ;)
However, color table conversion is currently not supported. Fell free
to implement it. I just tried to gave you a hint how to code it.

Ciao
Sören