[GRASS-dev] What should d.erase do in the main wxGUI?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 16 21:14:24 PDT 2014

Vasek,

the main reason we have d.erase in the assignments and in the book is for zooming to computational region,
including changing the resolution

# for d.erase: Zoom to computational region and switch off previous map layers

the manual page does not say it, probably because it was implied.
If possible it may be useful to have the zoom to region as a flag?
d.erase would just switch off the layers (I am not sure it should remove them - let us see what others say)
d.erase -r would remove the layers and zoom the display to computational region.

This would be extremely helpful in the assignments when switching to 3D view

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences