[GRASS-dev] What should d.erase do in the main wxGUI?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 20:43:02 PDT 2014

Hi,

in GRASS 7, the d.erase command is not supported in the main GUI.

For `d.mon wx0` d.erase removes all rasters and shows the backgroud.
d.erase bgcolor is ignored.

For `d.mon png` d.erase uses bgcolor as expected.

For the main GUI, the question is if the Layers in Layer Manager should be
removed or just unchecked. I'm for removing them.

The second question is if the background should be changed. The same
applies to `d.mon wx0`. The settings of background color in GUI is done
differently but perhaps d.erase can change the color temporary (I'm not
sure how hard this would be to implement).

Is there something else what d.erase is doing? I got the impression that it
zooms to computational region but manual page is silent about it.

Vaclav