[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2453: Thai characters not displaying correctly in the query results window of Map Display in GRASS 7.0.0beta3 Windows

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Oct 18 03:31:11 PDT 2014

#2453: Thai characters not displaying correctly in the query results window of Map
Display in GRASS 7.0.0beta3 Windows
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  richardc                       |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                         |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-32                         |
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------

Comment(by marisn):

 Replying to [comment:1 annakrat]:
 > It would be good to get first resolved ticket #2431 because it
 simplifies reading data from v.what. I think attribute table manager
 assumes utf8 unless you specify encoding in settings. I don't think we
 have currently any better solution for attributes encoding, especially
 combining data with different encodings.

 DB encoding issues will have to be solved one day. The correct option
 would be add a encoding metadata to dblink. Still it needs some design
 decisions (should it be enforced?). Unfortunately I had no time to work on
 it this year :( and it is too large change for 7.0.
 http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-April/068160.html

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2453#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>