[GRASS-dev] tests failed

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 06:03:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Sören Gebbert
<soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> However, I would like to revert your change... :-)
>>
>> Introduce the debug message in the Module class it is a bad idea
>> because in this way also Module class is indirectly using ctypes.
>> Therefore all the work done to distinguish and isolate pygrass'
>> submodules that are using the ctypes is not valid any more.
>>
>> Finally, I wrote a method decorator to add a debug message, this
>> function it is general enough to be used outside pygrass, but again it
>> is using ctypes that could be a problem if in a gui etc.
>>
>> Otherwise we can modify the Messenger class to avoid to use the ctypes.
>
> Ctypes is IMHO not the problem here, since it is used in the messenger
> subprocess.
> No GRASS library function is called in the main Python process.

This was not true, libgis.G_gisinit('') was called at import level, I
removed the line in r62376.
So now what you said is true. :-)

So, I think that now the decorator is re-usable for general debug
purpose, so I think should move somewhere, I can move it to
pygrass.functions, other ideas?