[GRASS-dev] Dead code

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 28 16:18:52 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> The following directories contain code but aren't built:
>
>         display/d.colors

--> some updates in r62458 but AFAIR the curses support got dropped,
so trash d.colors? Or move to addons?

>         display/d.extract
--> likely obsolete. Trash it or move to Addons?

>         display/d.measure
--> likely obsolete. Trash it or move to Addons?

>         display/d.what.rast
>         display/d.what.vect
--> likely obsolete. Replaced with Python scripts in scripts/. Trash
both or move to Addons?

>         display/d.zoom
--> likely obsolete. Trash it or move to Addons?

>         general/g.pnmcat
--> "Concatenate PNM tiles into a single image, was used by NVIZ". No idea.

>         general/g.setproj
--> lacking G_ask_datum_name(). Trash it or move to Addons?

>         imagery/i.class
--> likely obsolete. Replaced with g.gui.iclass. Trash it or move to Addons?

--> likely needed. See http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2461

>         imagery/i.points
>         imagery/i.vpoints
-->  uses unsupported curses, so trash or move to Addons? ( I think trash)

>         raster/r.digit
--> no idea

>         raster/r.grow
--> trash

>         raster/r.le
--> since it is unmaintained, move to Addons

>         raster/r.li/r.li.setup
--> Luca? Can we remove it? Replaced with g.gui.rlisetup

>         raster/r.watershed/shed
--> no idea

>         vector/v.label.sa
--> lacks find_font_from_freetypecap(). See
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1942 and r34923

>         vector/v.mapcalc
--> move to Addons

> Also, raster/wildfire contains just a README and a Makefile, the
> actual modules (r.ros, r.spread, r.spreadpath) having been moved up
> into the parent raster directory.
--> cleaned up now.

> Finally, I feel that v.in.dwg should be moved to addons.
--> yes, move to Addons

More opinions?

Markus