[GRASS-dev] G7 blockers call

Johannes Brauner johannes.brauner at tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 5 12:23:49 PDT 2014

Hi all,

On 03.09.2014 23:28, Vaclav Petras wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 3:35 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com
> <mailto:landa.martin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     > So far I had two students reporting the problem with MSVCR.71.dll
>     missing - I have added the link to the
>     > WinGRASS_errors wiki to the course webpage so I hope that will help.
>
>     Checking "Important Microsoft runtime libraries" in the installer
>     should solve this problem [1].
>
> I think this issue is discussed also somewhere else since I remember
> writing this somewhere already. Anyway, at least for the record,
> checking the check box does not help. Getting through the 2 other
> suggestion on wiki does not help either. But doing the steps from the
> installer manually works (the third suggestion). This was the case on
> two (or more) computers already.

I can confirm this behavior for WinGRASS-7.0.0svn-r61783-1071.
Installing with admin priviliges and checking the box for the MS runtime
environments didn't help but copying the DLLs manually to extrabin did
the trick (as suggested in [1]).

This is a "new" behavior for me - I haven't had this problem with
winGRASS before.

Cheers,

Johannes