[GRASS-dev] G7 blockers call

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Sep 7 01:55:32 PDT 2014

Johannes Brauner wrote
> Hi,
>
> On 05.09.2014 23:57, Anna Petrášová wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <

> hellik@

> > <mailto:

> hellik@

> >> wrote:
>>
>>     >>But doing the steps from the
>>     >> installer manually works (the third suggestion). This was the case
>> on
>>     >> two (or more) computers already.
>>
>>     >I can confirm this behavior for WinGRASS-7.0.0svn-r61783-1071.
>>     >Installing with admin priviliges and checking the box for the MS
>> runtime
>>     >environments didn't help but copying the DLLs manually to extrabin
>> did
>>     >the trick (as suggested in [1]).
>>
>>     which windows version (7, 8)? any antivirus software?
>>

>> I saw the problem with both versions. I can't check the antivirus now
>> but that might be causing it.
>
> Cannot check for Windows 8, just for 7 64bit. I'm using Microsoft
> Security Essentials but it makes no difference whether it's enabled or
> not. No luck even with forced administrative privileges during setup
> and/or runtime. Also just checked with the newest build
> (WinGRASS-7.0.0svn-r61811-1073).
>
> I've however multiple copies of msvcr71.dll installed on my system with
> the one in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\msvcr71.dll
> being most relevant I assume.
>
> Copying them manually in extrabin still does the trick.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Johannes

thanks for reporting.

tested here with WinGRASS-7.0.0svn-r61816-1074-Setup.exe, I can confirm that
the runtime DLLs aren't copied to the extrabin folder.

if the download of the MS runtimes in the winGRASS standalone installer is
activated, the download is correctly untared and unzipped by [1] in
C:\xxxx\normal\AppData\Local\Temp\install_msruntime

then the runtime DLLs should be copied to the extrabin folder by [2]:

CopyFiles "$TEMP\$ORIGINAL_UNTAR_FOLDER\bin\*.dll" "$INSTDIR\extrabin"

but they aren't.

from the nsis documentation (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Chapter4.html)

"4.9.3.2 CopyFiles

[/SILENT] [/FILESONLY] filespec_on_destsys destination_path
[size_of_files_in_kb]

Copies files from the source to the destination on the installing system.
Useful with $EXEDIR if you want to copy from installation media, or to copy
from one place to another on the system. You might see a Windows status
window of the copy operation if the operation takes a lot of time (to
disable this, use /SILENT). The last parameter can be used to specify the
size of the files that will be copied (in kilobytes), so that the installer
can approximate the disk space requirements. On error, or if the user
cancels the copy (only possible when /SILENT was omitted), the error flag is
set. If /FILESONLY is specified, only files are copied.

Fully-qualified path names should always be used with this instruction.
Using relative paths will have unpredictable results.

CreateDirectory $INSTDIR\backup
CopyFiles $INSTDIR\*.dat $INSTDIR\backup"

so I can't see any obvious why file copying doesn't work...

anyone any idea?

[1]
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_0/mswindows/GRASS-Installer.nsi.tmpl#L935

[2]