[GRASS-dev] does r.composite respect a mask?

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Sep 9 11:04:54 PDT 2014

It was really odd.

The original RGB channels were around 300 Mb each for the entire maps, with a resolution of 0.5m. Only about 1/4 was within the MASK and computational region. It took over 4 hours to run r. composite and produced a resulting map of over 5 Gb, but only for the area in the MASK and region.

When I reset the resolution to 1m, r.composite ran in a minute or so and produced a resulting map of 77Mb.

I’m OK with the 1m resolution I guess but the whole thing seemed strange.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: 	http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
		http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton