[GRASS-dev] G7 blockers call

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Sep 13 12:12:52 PDT 2014

Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote
>>then the runtime DLLs should be copied to the extrabin folder by [2]:
>>
>>CopyFiles "$TEMP\$ORIGINAL_UNTAR_FOLDER\bin\*.dll" "$INSTDIR\extrabin"
> [...]
>>CreateDirectory $INSTDIR\backup
>>
>>CopyFiles $INSTDIR\*.dat $INSTDIR\backup
>
> it could be the quoting "$TEMP\$ORIGINAL_UNTAR_FOLDER\bin\*.dll" and using
> wildcards for the files that is causing that file copying fails.

I think I've found the reason causing some troubles with installing MS
runtimes, see:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=379253

I think I've narrowed down the issue a little bit more:

in the nsis-script [1] there's the section [2] with the optional download of
these gzipped and tared files which, after unzpping and untaring, should be
copied to C:\Program Files\myprogram\subfolder.

this section calls [3] the function [4] which download [5] and unzip/untar
[6] the archive and then copies some files [7].

now for more testing, I've added some copying commands as the first action
of the nsis-installer:

    code:	;test copy files

    	CreateDirectory "$INSTALL_DIR\extrabin"

    	CopyFiles "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\*.dll" "$INSTALL_DIR\extrabin"

    	CopyFiles "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\*.txt" "$INSTALL_DIR\extrabin"

    	CopyFiles "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\*.exe" "$INSTALL_DIR\extrabin"

    	CopyFiles "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\*.dll" "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\copiedf"

    	CopyFiles "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\*.txt" "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\copiedf"

    	CopyFiles "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\*.exe" "C:\wd\checkdllnsis\copiedf"

and all of these test files are copied.

as summary, CopyFiles doesn't seem to work, if the command is nested in a
function called in a section; but CopyFiles works, if it is in the main nsis
script and not nested in function.

intended behaviour? bug? ... should this be reported anywhere?

best
Helmut

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/...aller.nsi.tmpl
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/....nsi.tmpl#L966
[3] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/....nsi.tmpl#L979
[4] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/....nsi.tmpl#L900
[5] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/....nsi.tmpl#L929
[6] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/....nsi.tmpl#L935
[7] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/....nsi.tmpl#L943

the solution will may be to cut download and install of the MS runtimes in
two different actions by the nsis-winGRASS-installer.

-----
best regards
Helmut