[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r62097 - in grass/trunk: . gui/wxpython include/Make lib/python/ctypes lib/python/imaging lib/python/pydispatch lib/python/pygrass lib/python/script lib/python/temporal

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 08:33:55 PDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Sören Gebbert <
soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pietro,
> thanks for the quick answer.

> > Hi Sören,
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Sören Gebbert
> > <soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> I would like to directly link to the source code
> >> docs, hence referencing temporal framework Python functions and
> >> classes in this document. But i don't know how? Are there any code
> >> examples howto link to Python library code?
> >
> > I'm not sure that I understand what you want, but I guess that you can
> > use the label and then refer to them:
>
> I want to reference classes and functions from the temporal framework
> source code, since AFAIU is the source code documentation of the
> temporal framework also created using sphinx?
> For example, this class is located in lib/python/temporal/base.py
>
> {{{
> class SQLDatabaseInterface():
>   def __init_():
> }}}
>
> Howto reference this class in lib/python/docs/src/temporal.rst so that
> i can click on the class name in the HTML docs to jump directly to the
> source code documentation?
>
> {{{
> Bla bla bla :class:`SQLDatabaseInterface`
> }}}
>
> There is :class:`~gunittest.case.TestCase` in gunittest documentation, see
Sphinx documentation for details:

http://sphinx-doc.org/domains.html#cross-referencing-syntax
http://sphinx-doc.org/domains.html#cross-referencing-python-objects
http://sphinx-doc.org/markup/inline.html#xref-syntax

   - You may supply an explicit title and reference target: :role:`title
   <target>` will refer to *target*, but the link text will be *title*.
   - If you prefix the content with !, no reference/hyperlink will be
   created.
   - If you prefix the content with ~, the link text will only be the last
   component of the target. For example, :py:meth:`~Queue.Queue.get` will
   refer to Queue.Queue.get but only display get as the link text.

The name enclosed in this markup can include a module name and/or a class
name. For example, :py:func:`filter` could refer to a function named filter
in the current module, or the built-in function of that name. In contrast,
:py:func:`foo.filter` clearly refers to the filter function in the foo
module.

If you prefix the name with a dot, this order is reversed. For example, in
the documentation of Python’s codecs module, :py:func:`open` always refers
to the built-in function, while :py:func:`.open` refers to codecs.open().

Note that you can combine the ~ and . prefixes: :py:meth:`~.TarFile.close`
will reference the tarfile.TarFile.close() method, but the visible link
caption will only be close().