[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7: r.shaded.relief changed name?

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:39:41 PDT 2015

Well, maybe we can think on this again in the near future?..

I always think on my students and in people coming from the ArcGIS world..
If I were just beginning in GRASS, looking at the modules' names, I would
definitely think that relief shading would be done with r.shade, not
r.relief (which would give me the impression that it something related to a
morphometric parameter - but that may be because I do work with
geomorphometry..).

Anyway, the menus descriptions are good and clear. It's just going to be a
bit hard to get used to the new names after all these years..

best