[GRASS-dev] t.sim.flood, a new hydrology module to simulate time-variable superficial flows

Laurent C. lrntct at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:09:08 PDT 2015

Hi all,

As part of my PhD I'm working on a python/numpy module that allows the
simulation of superficial flows on a raster map using simplified
shallow water equations. It accept as input time-variable rainfall and
inflows. The output consists of space-time datasets of water level
and/or depth.
It is still on early stage of development but already gives promising
results. If you're interested by this work, I invite you to give it a
try:

https://github.com/lrntct/t.sim.flood/

It currently relies on cython for the flow calculation, but I plan to
change it to OpenCL in the future.

I would be very happy to have some feedback, both on usability and code quality.

Regards,
Laurent