[GRASS-dev] Travis CI

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Thu Aug 27 05:32:04 PDT 2015

Hi Ivan, Hi Markus,

I have looked at the .travis.yml at
[https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/.travis.ym]l
and merged it with mine by

1) moving the sections of the .travis.yml fiole into scripts:

   - before_install :: .travis.$TRAVIS_OS_NAME.before_install.sh
   - install        :: .travis.$TRAVIS_OS_NAME.install.sh
   - script         :: .travis.$TRAVIS_OS_NAME.script.sh

2) using a travis multiple OS [http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/multi-os/]
which sets the variable $TRAVIS_OS_NAME to "osx" or "linux" (hopefully
"windows" in the future as well)

So when testing on linux, the scripts with *.linux.*.sh are called, when
testing osx the one=s with *.osx.*.sh get called

3) adding the different compiler to the matrix

So I end up with three separate test scenarios:

,----
| - os: linux
|   language: c
|   compiler: gcc
|
| - os: linux
|   language: c
|   compiler: clang
|
| - os: osx
|   compiler: objective-c
`----

I forked [https://github.com/GRASS-GIS/grass-ci] and am running the test
at the moment - see [https://travis-ci.org/rkrug/grass-ci/builds/77484863]
for the tests.

They completed successful.

There is still some fine tuning which could be done, especially with
including of tests - which should not be to difficult.

What would be the easiest to get the new files into the grass repo, id=f
you are happy with it?

Cheers,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University