[GRASS-dev] r.resample.rst behavior does not match manual

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Aug 30 16:55:01 PDT 2015

Thanks for the clarification Stefan.

It sounds like, unlike other resampling commands (unless they, too, are in error), r.resample.rst needs to be run at the resolution of the original map, not the output map. The output resolution will be determined by the command, not by the region settings. This should go into the manual too, along with the revised text you suggested.

In a somewhat related question, do you have any idea how r.resample.filter works? The manual is not very informative and I couldn’t get any useful downscaling results (lower to higher resolution) with my spot tests.

r.resample.interp doesn’t seem to give expected results either. I’ll do a test with demo data when I have a few minutes this week. I did get very good downscaling results with r.resample.bspline, but it took a very long time.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)