[GRASS-dev] r.resample.interp also does not behave according to manual

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 29 19:22:35 PDT 2015

Clarification, I'm using a recent build of trunk/GRASS 7.1

I only want to resample part of a large DEM. I have the region set to the appropriate bounds and resolution. And I also have MASK turned on for the area to be resampled. Here is an excerpt from the r.resample.interp manual…

"Resampling modules (r.resample, r.resamp.stats, r.resamp.interp, r.resamp.rst) resample the map to match the current region settings.

Note that for bilinear, bicubic and lanczos interpolation, cells of the output raster that cannot be bounded by the appropriate number of input cell centers are set to NULL (NULL propagation). This could occur due to the input cells being outside the current region, being NULL or MASKed. “

But it give me an error and fails because a line of my input map is outside the current region. In fact, most of my input map is outside the current region.

Is this a bug or an error in the manual?

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)