[GRASS-dev] r.resample.interp also does not behave according to manual

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Aug 30 17:53:36 PDT 2015

So I tried it with the North Carolina demo data and it seemed to go fine

g.region raster=elev_lid792_1m at PERMANENT
r.resamp.interp input=elevation at PERMANENT output=elevation1m method=lanczos

I went back and did the same thing with my data from the Near East and it raised an error. I made the raster map ziqlab_region_resamp30m using r.resample.bspline from a 90m SRTM map of the region. I originally set the region in the display and then set the resolution manually to 30m. In the test here, I used the successfully resampled map to set the region, just like I did with the NC data. You can see a section of the original 90m DEM and the region of this resampled map here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9kh7205zbzqzb8/resample_test.png?dl=0

g.region raster=ziqlab_region_resamp30m
r.resamp.interp --overwrite input=Mediterranean_east_SRTM90m at PERMANENT output=ziqlab_region_resamp30m_test method=lanczos

ERROR: Reading raster map <Mediterranean_east_SRTM90m at PERMANENT> request for row 1216 is outside region

The region does not go into any of the null value areas of the original 90m map, though it shouldn’t really matter if it does. They should just be ignored as nulls. My location is a Lambert Conformal Conic, which is not a lot different from the State Plane of the NC data.

This error doesn’t make sense. So I wonder if it is sort of bogus for some other problem that it not obvious. Any thoughts?

Michael

C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)