[GRASS-dev] Convenient download of the new logo is missing

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Wed Dec 9 13:25:24 PST 2015

Bonjour Markus,

sorry to have left it inconsistent so long. Attached is the .svg source
file (remember it  contains several variants in different layers, like
logo, b&w logo, capitalized text, moto...) where I vectorized every text
object.

Perhaps we can provide it as a "vectorized font version".

We could complete the page with some LaTeX considerations : my knowledge
of latex is limited to my own daily experience. I recently set up beamer
presentations that I compiled with XeLaTeX. For those documents I put
the following lines in preambule

        \newfontface\firathin{FiraSans-Thin.otf}
        \newcommand{\grass}{\textbf{GRASS}\,{\firathin{GIS}}}

then \grass{} automatically displays the word GRASS GIS in the right
fontface in the document. Maybe we could give some *TeX/Xe*TeX hints on
how to e.g. cite grass and display its icon, slogan, ... maybe not ?

Bye,
Vincent