[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2632: option in context menu to export vector attribute table

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Dec 22 08:26:11 PST 2015

On 22/12/15 16:09, Paulo van Breugel wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 3:47 PM, GRASS GIS <trac at osgeo.org
> <mailto:trac at osgeo.org>> wrote:
>
>     #2632: option in context menu to export vector attribute table
>     --------------------------+-------------------------
>        Reporter:  pvanbosgeo   |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
>            Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
>       Component:  Vector       |    Version:  unspecified
>     Resolution:               |   Keywords:
>             CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
>     --------------------------+-------------------------
>
>     Comment (by mlennert):
>
>       I added a second patch that puts the (IMHO) main options of
>     v.db.select
>       (map, column separator, output file) into a "Main choices" tab. I
>     think
>       this should be enough to make exporting attributes easier, without
>     having
>       to code a separate simplified GUI. Not sure if "Main choices" is
>     the best
>       choice of names for that tab, though. Any better ideas are more than
>       welcome.
>

> Thanks. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to apply/test that patch, is
> there a description / grass wiki page somewhere that explains?

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Patches

For the GUI part (export_attributes.patch) you can also copy the changes
manually into gui/wxpython/lmgr/layertree.py in your GRASS installation
directory (GISBASE).

For the v.db.select change you need to patch (or apply manually - there
are not that many changes) and then recompile the module.

Moritz