[GRASS-dev] Recent modifications of r.in.gdal

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 28 06:44:40 PST 2015

Hi Soeren,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Sören Gebbert
<soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Just for your information,
> i have added two new options to r.in.gdal (r66714) to provide better
> time series import support
> for stacked raster formats like netCDF.
>
> Now the number of digits with leading zero for band numbers can be
> specified. That allows chronological correct raster band numbering.
> Option "num_digits=5" for example will result in band numbers ranging
> from 00001 to 99999.
> If set to 0 (default) the already existing numbering scheme will be
> used (1 ... 100 ... N).

Excellent!

A small suggestion though: I would suggest to rename the potentially
confusing "num_digits=" (confusable with dp used elsewhere) with
"padding=" which is IMHO more commonly used.

Do you mind to rename that (or I do)?

> I have added the option "map_names_file" that creates a text file with
> all imported raster map
> layer names, that can be directly used as input for t.register.

Also great and of course useful.

Best
Markus