[GRASS-dev] winGRASS OSGeo4W crashes when switching to 3D view

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 08:20:10 PST 2015

Hi,

it crashes because it can't allocate enough memory. There must be some
limit given by the operating system how much memory it can allocate
(altogether and by chunks). I assume the 64-bit version could help with
this.
If you run
m.nviz.image elevation_map=elevation output=xxx format=ppm size=640,480

with large regions, you will get:
Current region rows: 13500, cols: 15000
ERROR: G_malloc: unable to allocate 810000000 bytes of memory

Anna