[GRASS-dev] NVIZ broken in GRASS 7.0 RC2

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:05:36 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

>  Maybe. I just looked at the code and I agree that it looks OK.
>
>  The problem seems to be somewhere in
>
>   def _createSurfacePage(self, parent):
>
>  The ‘selection’ (map selection for surfaces) part seems fine and it is
> possible to select a map. But the remaining widgets don’t work (e.g.
> ‘draw’, ‘mode’, etc).
>
>  The change sets you reference are not in the section where the
> SurfacePage and its controls are defined. Hopefully, these have something
> to do with with it anyway and you can find out what is the problem.

I reverted the previous change which was fixing a problem on Windows. The
problem there is initialization, where on each system the initialization
events behave differently and I would need more time to rewrite it.
I also removed all progressbar calls on Mac in nviz, because I was getting
some recursion problems which were slowing down the gui. I don't really
have time for proper fix (if there is any).
Could you test this change (r64564), if you can see any improvement so that
I can backport it?

Anna