[GRASS-dev] Removed raster produced by t.rast.series still in t.list rast

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 20 02:21:13 PST 2015

Hi Nikos,

[snip]

> just another question:  how do we move ST-DSes?  Is the answer: "we don't!"?

Exactly! We do not move STDS between mapsets and we don not rename mapsets.

> I have created something in the PERMANENT Mapset, while testing.  I now want
> to copy/move this in another Mapset.

If you insist to do so, then simply write the output of "t.rast.list
input=bla columns=name,start_time,end_time" for each STRDS into
dedicated text files in your source location.
Then rename the mapset or move all raster maps into the new mapset,
re-create the required STRDS and use the text files to register the
maps in the new STRDS.

Don't forget to remove the database in the target mapset, if you have
renamed the mapset.

Easy, isnt it? ;)

> Do I need to recreate everything?  And what does all this have to do with
> the "concurrent temporal database read/write access" issue?

STDS are mapset specific, you can only register map layers from the
"current" mapset in the mapset specific temporal database.

Best regards
Soeren