[GRASS-dev] grass70 package name

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 21 11:25:08 PST 2015

On 02/21/2015 07:54 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> We should use Conflicts or Breaks/Replaces for conflicting source
> packages for the same upstream releases.
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-conflicts
>
> Since one should not have both the official grass package and grass70
> installed at the same time, use Conflicts seems most appropriate.

I've added Conflicts with the corresponding grass70 binary packages to
the official Debian package. See:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/commit/?h=experimental&id=7575756cbcfc708e9d6595df7004f43a3fe62b51

We cannot do that for the -dev package because they both provide
grass70-dev.

To choose which package to use between grass-dev & grass70-dev, the
grass70 source package should add Conflicts on the official Debian packages.

The attached patch implements that for the grass70_release_debian branch.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1