[GRASS-dev] Cannot install BOTH grass 6 AND grass7 stable from Ubuntu repo..

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 25 12:37:53 PST 2015

On 02/25/2015 09:19 PM, Isaac Ullah wrote:
> If it's not already the plan to make the changes necessary to have
> the new grass 7.0 alongside the official ubuntu grass6.4, then it
> probably ought to be. Apologies if this is already in the works!

Apology accepted, because that's what the "grass70 package name" thread
I linked to is about.

The intention is to allow co-installation, but also preventing conflicts
between the official Debian package and those from the GRASS PPA.

The Conflicts change I proposed prevents some conflicts between the
official Debian package and the GRASS PPA, but prevents co-installation
as you have experienced.

The /usr/bin/grass & /usr/bin/x-grass symlinks in grass-core are not a
problem anymore, but there is still any issue with the man pages as I
wrote earlier in this thread.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--